[Spit-project] Spit height and stuff

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 09:37:27 PDT 2007

Do you have an electronic form of the handout?  I didn't manage to pick one up.
  gwyneth

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
  One thing I did learn is that my spit crossbar is a little low
for spinning chickens. The string was only about six inches
so it required nearly constant turning.

So that is one point for a higher spit.

Anyone have any questions on the class? What was learned?
Good, bad, indifferent?

Anyone have any projects going on?

It's been quiet on here.

Oh, and anyone who has my handout, I've discovered something
with the "Chicken and Leeks" recipe that is included. After cooking
this a couple of times I'm very happy with the general recipe but I
think the instructions should include to dump out most of the
oil the chicken is cooked in before putting in the vegetables.
Each time I've found the dish to be very good, but also very greasy.
This appears to be a Northern Italian recipe and I can understand them
wanting it to be a bit oily for the cooler weather and to give more
richness to pretty much a peasant dish. They love to drizzle olive oil
over pretty much anything. But our modern American palates don't
do well with so much oil in a dish.

So, drain off most of the oil before adding the vegetables.

Gunthar