[Spit-project] Outdoor cooking experiment/ferret frolic

Charles Netterville ck_netterville at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 18:00:49 PDT 2007

Yers,

Gunthar

(Still no solid line on getting a spit made before Pennsic)

I may be too tired to say too much but I have been keeping up and I have a working design on the table. The coal bed will be about 30" X 54" and to the upper crosspiece about 60" high with fingers every 6" or so on the uprights like the photos I was looking at from Pennsic a few years ago. I'm still working through the hook and latch design that will allow everything to stand up to event use and yet be portable and it'll be welded, not forged but I figure we can work from there. If I can get enough time off to go buy some plate steel and 1/2" square stock I might be able to get it handled. " That whole time off deal is what'll kill me. " Still just a humble welder and apprentice... Elrique