[Spit-project] playing in the fire

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 08:28:28 PDT 2007

Too bad you forgot to take the photos, maybe next time.  Maybe next time you do something like this, get a non-cooking volunteer to do the photography.  I did that last year with a class on bookbinding I did at Pennsic... worked great, got some good and some bad shots, but well worth it... I love digital cameras, so easy to throw away the bad ones. <sheepish grin>

  It would be nice to know which period recipes you used that you felt were "keepers." <grin>

  ~~ Katarina Helene

ksullivan6 at cox.net wrote:
  Greetinings,
A few weeks ago several of us from Namron Cooks went to the cooks symposium in Calontir, I took the class on over fire cooking, I finally had a chance to play this weekend at Eldern. I was going to take pictures , even took my camera, but I got so busy cooking that I forgot to take pictures.
We had 2 large dutch ovens and several cast iron frying pans and pots. During the day we made 4 loaves of yeast bread a loaf of oatmeal bread, 5 different types of pies, we also made several dishes in the frying pans and pots.
We cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner all over the fire. All told I think we feed 15 to 20 people, thats counting the visitors to camp that we feed. We tried several period recipies and most of them are keepers.
Alix
Work hard,keep the ceremonies,live peaceably, and unite your hearts.
(Hopi)