[Spit-project] [Sca-cooks] Pennsic cooking thing.

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 12:27:40 PDT 2007

I'll be doing my regular camp big meal on Thursday, Aug 9... We plan to try to do it with all period methods (or as close as we can... might use some modern Dutch ovens, etc), but anyone is welcome to stop by.  We usually camp on St. Lawrence Way in N-01... Good Friends Camp.  Any of you are more than welcome to drop by and chat or watch.  I think I will be teaching the last day in a 4-day bookbinding class in the morning, between 10am and noon, so any time after noon would be fine.  I won't be doing my usual pig this year, but we were thinking of maybe a leg of lamb and a couple chickens on the spits, and who knows what else in period crockery to go with it.  I have two pieces of crockery so far, and plan to pick up more at Pennsic before the feast.

  ~~ Meisterin Katarina Helene

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
  >Just keep us posted as to when/where. I do have some period cooking
>pots/tools that I can bring if I know for sure it's happening...
>
>Kiri

Elizabeth sent an email to the Camp Mommy to get permission.
If we don't get it, we can always invade Phlip's camp.

Gunthar