[Spit-project] Outdoor cooking experiment/ferret frolic

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 10:42:51 PDT 2007

I'm going home on Sunday...it's my anniversary:)
  gwyneth

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Regina,

Are we still on for a cookout on Sunday?
Elizabeth will get an early start and swing by Costco
to pick up stuff.
I'm thinking of doing the clay baked Cornish Hens,
Spit roasted duckling and spinning chickens. Maybe
a pot roasted chicken as well.
We can also test some other side dishes such as
buttered worts, griddle breads, and roasted veggies
in drippings.

And, of course, spending time romping with a passle
of carpet sharks.

Also, at Warlord I'm pretty much dedicating Sunday
to playing with fire. So if you don't mind me hanging
in camp we can make dinner for everyone.
I'm thinking of again doing the spinning chickens,
spit roasted fowl, boneless leg of lamb on the spit
and maybe a chykn y stewd. I think I'll also bring the
pipkin and make period lemonade over coals.
How many will we be cooking for?
Want me to bring more wood and charcoal?

Anyone else on the list want to come and play with fire
on Sunday at Warlord? Bring yourself and stuff and everyone
will have a communal dinner early that evening.

Yers,

Gunthar

(Still no solid line on getting a spit made before Pennsic)