[Spit-Project] [Spit-project] Looking at the Bayeux Tapestry...

Countess Regina ginlee at cnbcom.net
Mon Oct 1 21:31:11 PDT 2007

Gwyneth & Gunthar,
I hope you don't mind my answering this e-mail.
We (Micheau & I) are fighting with The Duke of Normandy. I am planning the
late afternoon/evening meal for his army and baggage. I plan on having a
large piece of beef on a spit, smoked chickens, venison ribs, venison
roasts, stews, sausages, whole fish ( approx. 5-6 at this point) either
baked or cooked over a fire, veggies and a starch of some kind. I will have
breads and spreads. There will be a soup on the fire from Friday late until
I clean it all up late Saturday.  There will plenty of room for all who want
to cook other items and for any donations of food items to feed the Dukes
army and support troops. All plans are subject to change depending on
logistics and weather, but food will be cooked and ready for the masses.
Any ideas on the above or menu items etc are welcomed. I am amendable to
changes and welcome help and suggestions.
Regina