[Spit-Project] Not Period, but maybe worthy??

Charles Netterville ck_netterville at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 18:44:35 PDT 2007

It sounds wonderful and I think I'm going to try this one too. Thanks for sharing it.
  With this group it goes without being said but I figured I'd throw it in anyway. The instructions for the gravy they give are almost sure to doom you to failure. Instead, take the contents of the pan, deglaze the pan with a little stock and then separate the oil from the liquid. Next, add the flour and the oil back to the pan, heat and stir out all the lumps. Then add the liquid and as much stock as you like and you won't have to deal with skimming oil from your gravy or dealing with lumps.
  By the way, I'm seeing light at the end of my tunnel. My job looks like it's going to start easing up around November or December and I'll be able to start playing again. Hope to see everyone again really soon, Elrique

Helen Schultz <meisterin02 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  My Eating Well e-newsletter sent me this recipe... I thought it might be worth consideration for open fire cooking (though, it does require an oven... it would translate over to a Dutch oven, I'd think).

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pan_roasted_chicken.html?utm_source=EWTWNL

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo