[Spit-Project] Not Period, but maybe worthy??

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:54:58 PDT 2007

> My Eating Well e-newsletter sent me this recipe... I thought it might be worth consideration for open fire cooking (though, it does require an oven... it would translate over to a Dutch oven, I'd think).>
Nothing is both so simple and yet so elegant as a properly roasted chicken. This looks great.

And chickens roast wonderfully in a dutch oven. All of my open fire classes have featured various ways of cooking chicken and roasting in a dutch oven comes out as very good and probably the easiest of the lot.

I'll probably try this chicken, especially with the roasted fennel and tomatoes mentioned.

Gunthar

Who will be setting up our new portable firepit this weekend and posting pictures.