[Spit-Project] fire pit and oven

Julie Fenters greenstone at cablespeed.com
Tue Aug 12 19:18:47 PDT 2008

Clan MacOwain (pronunciation right, spelling definitely wrong, my apologies)
from Northwoods Barony had a nifty setup this year which I am shamelessly
going to copy.  They dug a wing into the firepit and built themselves a
handy lil' bread oven.  With just six square patio bricks!  It had a hole
dug under it for coals and worked beautifully, providing bread daily for the
encampment.  They also made a hearth with another brick, and leveled a grill
over it and had flat, even Dutch oven surfaces with a few more bricks.