[Spit-Project] bardic info (was Pennsic cooking)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 23:49:30 PDT 2008

Phlip mentioned:
<<< And we had a bit of bardic, as has become usual. Need to learn more
about that, to do it in a period style. Cariadoc, will you help? And
Brighid? Filks are fun, but I think a saga or two would be more so...>>>

Are you speaking of songs, stories or both? Or bardic info in
general? I've recently added a number of new articles to the
PERFORMANCE ARTS section in the Florilegium. Perhaps some of them
might be of use? Here are a few:

Bardic-Guide-art  (27K)  3/ 2/99    "An Unofficial Newcomers Guide to
Bardic
                                        Circles and Competitions" by
Pamela
                                        Hewitt, the Harper.
Brewng-Bardng-art (14K)  5/23/08    "Brewing and Barding" by THL Thomas
                                        Whitehart.
CF-Drink-Sngs-art (16K) 12/18/06    Campfire Drinking Songs collected
by Lord
                                        Gyric of Otershaghe.
Five-Miracles-art  (6K)  7/ 4/08    "Five Miracles of Storytelling"
by THL
                                        Thomas Whitehart.
Fyrecrawling-art  (10K)  3/ 8/08    "Fyrecrawling 101" by THL Thomas
Whitehart,
                                        aka True Thomas the Storyteller.
p-stories-msg     (27K)  3/29/05    Period stories. Story sources.
   (not that new, but you seem to be asking for more period style
stories)
storytelling-art  (23K)  6/13/94    Storytelling techniques by Yaakov.
Tales-o-Teror-art (42K)  9/ 3/06    "To Tell a Tale of Terror -
Frightening a
                                        modern audience with a
medieval mindset."
                                        by H.L. Finnacan Dub.

If you want songs, there are also some files on period songs,
particularly a Scots and Irish collection.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com