[Spit-Project] Pennsic was Three Bears bread oven

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Tue Aug 12 07:16:23 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Johnna Holloway wrote:
> How did people cope with the rain?
> (My son was at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh this summer, and he complained
> endlessly about the rain.)

There really wasn't much rain at Pennsic.

The first Wednesday it rained most of the afternoon, but that just made for a
nice chance to laze around camp.

The second Friday alternated rain and sun all morning, which annoyed all the
people trying to dry their tents and leave.  It did stop by mid-afternoon.

We also had a few days when the black rainclouds threatened, then went north
or south of us.

Overall it was very pleasant the entire war.  I'd say we were very fortunate.

Colin MacNachtan
Ansteorra