[Spit-Project] What we've been up to

Roxann Hatch wilhemina3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 08:40:04 PDT 2008

Greetings!
I joined the list quite a while ago. I have been very lax in posting pictures. I just put up pictures from our first attempt at cooking over open flames back in September. We did the spinning chickens. It was a lot of fun and we learned a whole lot. The next few pictures are from our cook's guild meeting on July 26.
I was dissapointed with the turn out. Our local area is not very interested in cooking in general. We have had increasing interest in the last few months though. It was also a holiday weekend here in Utah. The state birthday on the 24th. I am hopping that that is why I only had two other cooks show up. I had to do a lot more of the cooking than I had planned. I wanted to just look after the fire and the meat. I ended up doing a bit more than that. Oh, well. It was fun, but exhausting.
Our menu was: Fresh Cheese and Bread, Spit roasted Chickens Three Ways, Hare in Ale, Onion Stuffing, Fried Fava Beans, Fried Mushroom Pasties, Stuffed Cabbage Rolls and Summer Strawberry Pudding. All of it was cooked over the coals or in dutch ovens. I was so busy I only got a few pictures. I also served several drink concentrates inspired by (Sir? Lord? His Highness? not sure how to address you sorry) Gunthar's period non alcoholic drinks hand out. I made Lime Ginger, Lemon Clove, Orange Cinnamon, and Apricot Ginger.
We also have taken the spit to a few camping events. I will post pictures of the roast pork loin when I remember to bring them to work.

What's everyone else up to?
Hilde
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia