[Spit-Project] Cooking Pots

Judith Epstein judith at ipstenu.org
Sun Jul 19 11:55:26 PDT 2009

I'm not an expert, so take this with a grain (or barrelful) of salt:

A glazed pot doesn't need to be soaked because it doesn't have exposed
porous services. A non-glazed pot may work better that way, but I'd be
afraid of doing it, myself, because EVERY time I've bought a piece of
unglazed ceramic/clay cookware, it comes with directions that say I
shouldn't get it wet before cooking with it, because the water could
seep into its rather open chemical structure and turn to steam which
could explode and break your pot.

Judith / no SCA name just yet