[Stargate] SCA Newcomers' Meetings

Margarita Alvarez serinlerapp at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 22:15:06 PST 2002

Greetings!
I am Lady Serin le Rapp Scheurer, Hospitaler for the Barony of the Stargate.
What that means is that I am responsible for assisting those who are new to
the Society for Creative Anachronism in the Houston area. You are receiving
this message either because you emailed me wanting more info. or, you signed
up at the SCA booth at the Texas Renaissance Festival to receive more info.
or to be contacted about our group’s activities.
For some of you who have seen this message before, it is just a reminder
about our meetings.

Either way I’m assuming you have an interest in the Middle Ages, and now
know that a group like ours, that researches and tries to re-create medieval
life, does exist.

Stargate’s monthly populace meeting is held on the first Monday of every
month at 7:30pm. December’s meeting will be held at Ryan’s Steakhouse on
34th st 1 block south off Hwy. 290 ( NW frwy.), in the meeting room in back.
(I will let you know where January's meeting will be held as soon as I
know.) All are welcome to attend, especially newcomers.

I am also hosting Newcomers’ meetings every Tuesday night at 7:30pm on the U
of H Central campus, (I-45 south, take Cullen Blvd exit, go west to entrance
#13 on the left). Look for us to the right of the parking lot where the
folks in armour are. These meetings are to introduce you to the many aspects
of the SCA and to help guide you in the right direction according to your
interests about the middle ages. Anything from SCA history to heraldry,
fighting to feasting, costuming to camping may be covered. As always, all
are welcome to join us . You do not need to be a member or be in garb
(costume), but you may want to bring a folding chair and something to take
notes with.

This Tuesday's meeting will focus on preparing for an event and what to do
at an event to make the most of it.

Hope you join us and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Lady Serin, known in the real world as Margarita Prevot

If you wish to be taken off this list please email me at
serinlerap at hotmail.com and request to be taken off the list.