[Stargate] Seasons Greetings

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 22:13:53 PST 2004

As the night grows deeper and colder and I look outside my window to see
large fluffy flakes drifting from the sky (snow, here, on Christmas Eve??),
I realize that tonight, many of us are awaiting a visitor, dressed in red
and white.  We've set out a snack for him because we wish to say thank you
for gifting us with all that we'll find under the tree come morning's light.
It's a tradition kept the world over, and its basic concept is simple -
hospitality.

Of course, we're not supposed to actually *see* Santa enjoy our hospitality
- there's a lot of stops to make on one night, and hospitable conversation
would just slow him down.  But come Christmas morning, we know he was there
- there are new presents under the tree, and that snack is gone.

Sometimes when we go about our daily lives, we forget to be hospitable to
those we're closest to, or we just leave clues behind that suggest it rather
than stating it outright.  So for you, the people of Stargate, our chosen
kin, we wish to thank you this Christmas for all of the hospitality you have
shown us over the years.  We hope that we may have the opportunity to return
the hospitality to you someday.

Honor and glory, health and fortune, and happy holidays to you and yours,
Snorri & Gróa