[Stargate] Sunday in the Park

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:34:03 PDT 2005

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Flash! Stargate returns to Memorial Park for one Sunday each month (1st
Sunday) beginning this Sunday. Please come and bring your weapons & armor,
your A & S projects, your musical instruments (including voice), or simply
yourself.

Where? Across from the Tennis Courts --
-- stay to the right if entering from Washington;
-- veer toward Golf Course then circle to the left if entering on Memorial
Loop off of Memorial.

When? 2pm-5pm (Ihon will arrive about 1 pm to set up a pavilion -- Isabeau
is visiting a her son and new grandbaby in the Midrealm and will miss this
Sunday).

We hope to make this a regular fighting practice for Chivalric, Rapier, and
Youth Rapier. I believe Lady Julianna will be there for Youth Rapier but I
failed to recently contact the other marshalls to ascertain their ability to
attend. Marshalls, if you're coming, please let us know.

Please check http://www.weather.com/ and enter Zip Code 77007. If the chance
of rain is greater than 60% for any hour after noon and before 6 pm, we will
cancel. The drainage is good, so most Saturday and early Sunday weather
should not effect us. If we have severe weather on Saturday or Sunday
morning please check http://www.hcoem.org/ to get an idea of how soaked
Memorial Park might be.

I spoke with HPD and horses are permitted in the area as long as they stay
off the jogging track and the Park is freed of any 'horse offerings.'

Hope to see you all there!

ihon
Baron of Stargate