[Stargate] Populace Polling for New Baron and Baroness

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sat Feb 5 19:08:08 PST 2005

Message
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Antonello del Bello
  To: Barony of Stargate
  Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 10:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [Stargate] Populace Polling for New Baron and Baroness

  so to whom does 77429 belong?  can i be a little disgruntled that my input doesnt matter when it comes to having played here for 5 years?  is cypress a bastard child?

  Antonello

  Dear Antonello,

  You belong to us, my dear fellow! Muh-ha-ha-ha!!! (evil background music). Gatesedge's plot to take over the world advances in an irresistible tide!!!

  Seriously though, your input DOES matter to the Crown. As a person who plays regularly with the Barony, who helps with their events, who has served in many capacities to support the Barony, *you*, Antonello del Bello, have the attention of the Crown if you will but make your opinions known.

  I intend to be there Monday night to give the Crown my opinion and everybody and their brother knows that if there is *one* person who can claim Gatesedge as their true home, 'tis moi. Probably only HE, Baron Talmon has a better claim on Gatesedge than I. Yet, I am serving the Barony still, as I have in the past, as one of their officers. Just because my wonderful group decided to cut the apron strings and become a Shire, doesn't mean that we turn our backs on years and decades of friendship.

  So please don't feel disgruntled nor feel that your zip code is "a bastard child". This is a good part of the world to live in. Yes, the Crown *must* give more weight to those folks who actually reside within the borders of the barony, but Ulstead and Cateau know, probably better than any other king and queen who might have been on the throne at this time, how intertwined the fates of who is B & B of Stargate are with the surrounding Shires and Barony's that exist in this part of the world.

  So I will look forward to seeing you there, giving the Crown the benefit of your wisdom, like so many of us will be.  Until then, I remain...

  In Service,
  Annes
  You are not an archeologist trying to construct a society that has been lost. You are a historian who is preserving what is now for the future to learn about us.The only SCA historians who will be SCA archeologists will be our heirs if we, as historians today, fail to do our jobs properly.