[Stargate] The passing of a great Mother

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 08:48:27 PST 2007

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:52:19 -0600
> From: "John Hirling" <jhirling at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Stargate] Fwd: [Aetheling] The passing of a great Mother
> To: "Barony of Stargate" <stargate at lists.ansteorra.org
>
>   Friends and Family,
> On behalf of my Brother and me, I would like to let everyone know that
> our Mother passed peacefully on Saturday afternoon. We want to thank
> everyone for their words and offers of help. We may be taking you up on
> some of those offers.
>
> Information on services:
> Herta Marie Jurgens
>
> Forest Park Westheimer Funeral Home
> 12800 Westheimer Road
> Houston, Texas 77077
> 281-497-2330
>
> Christ the King Lutheran Church
> 2353 Rice Boulevard
> Houston, Texas 77005
>
> Visitation: Tuesday, February 13th from 6 to 8 pm at Forest Park
> Westheimer Funeral Home
>
> Service: Wednesday, February 14th at 10:30 am at Christ the King
> Lutheran Church.
>
> Interment service following the Church service at Forest Park Westheimer
> Cemetery.
>
> Regards,
> David/Godwin
> --
> Rev. John F. Hirling
> Interim Pastor
> First Presbyterian Church
> Angleton, TX 77515
> (979) 849-5722

Herta Jurgens will be greatly missed.
She was sorta an adoptee to the SCA by virtue of the fact that her two sons, Godwin of Edington
and Leofric Ealdricson, played heavily.  Herta was a master seamstress, creating many of the
complex tunics and costumes for her family and friends of the SCA, along with a number of banners
that many display or for Stargate to use.  Herta loved being around the SCA, while not avidly
playing at events, she was often at off-calendar socials at Godwin and Leofric's homes, so many of
us got to know her well.  I was always amused that she remembered my name, and we had some lovely
chats at those socials.  I often think that in another life, Herta and I would have been friends,
as the age difference between us didn't seem to matter in this life, conversation came easy to
her.   Herta Jurgens will be greatly missed.

Regards, Hillary Greenslade