[Stargate] More on this long topic (was "Populace Meeting")

c lambright clambright2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 13:36:06 PST 2007

Greetings to all

I agree that Ryan's is not a great place to meeting. That is why Gwen, Dietrich, Vasilisa, and a bunch of others have been working with the B&B to find another spot. And with Perronelle's locations the list is longer. I would like to thank each of those persons for taking the time out of their busy schedules to drive/call all over to find location candidates.

As I look around our last Stargate populaces (from memory) I notice that we have a pretty full room of folks each time. They are coming from all over Stargate, but also from Gate's Edge and Westgate. They are single and large families. And they all made the drive to populace to share in our community. So I must say I am a bit lost here. Why do we want to move the STARGATE meeting closer to Westgate? They are a Canton and thus have their own great populace meeting that serves their needs. As a member of Stargate, I only have my wonderful Barony to meet my SCA business needs. Do not get me wrong I have many friends in the Canton and think the Canton is one of the most active ones in the Kingdom. GO WESTGATE, Loved King's College, Hugs to you all! The Barony, Canton, and Shire are stronger for our support of each other.

I like Perronelle's list of locations or maybe something between the Loop and belt near to I-10 that way we all SHARE the drive time. The key word is share.  By moving the meeting to say Richmond and the Belt the meeting then becomes difficult for the eastern side of the barony to attend. RUSH HOUR traffic going west from Downtown is not fun and is not the same as from the west going east. Trust me I am doing transportation planning now at work and have lots of fun data to support this. And like the west side there are some VERY active members over here too. I believe most of the officers live over here off 290 and of the last three years of Stargate events several of the autocrats have come from the north or eastern side of the Barony so please do not forget our contribution to the Barony in a effort to serve our masses.

To the point, we should have a meeting location that is convenient to all of the Barony. So lets share the drive to build-up our community. Stop thinking in terms of population density and more on sharing the driving burden from all parts of the barony.

Just my two cents or maybe that was a dollar...
Cristyana, an active resident of the east-ish side of the Barony she loves!