[Stargate] populace meetings

Kathryn Norris knorris at merchantsmetals.com
Thu Jan 4 12:12:24 PST 2007

While the Middle Ages were not a democracy in most cases, we would not
succeed as a volunteer organization if we did not ask for and consider
the opinions of our populace.  The officers are there to guide and
coordinate the various activities; we are not there to tell you where
you must go to meet.

I do agree with you that it is most important to look for a solution
instead of complaining about the problems.  However we must not limit
our voices only to those who come to the current populace meetings.  As
has been noted in several messages, many people cannot attend the
populace meetings due to mundane life and traveling throughout the
fourth largest city in the US.  We also cannot discount Westgate,
because even though they hold their own meetings, they are still a
canton of Stargate and should not be left out.

We are doing what we should be doing: considering various options and
hopefully will decide upon a place to meet that works for many of us.  I
encourage those who have not been attending populace or other meetings
to put in their two-cents worth so that we can have more people coming,
volunteering and adding to the dream that is Stargate, Ansteorra and the
SCA.  While there is no one place or time that will work for everyone,
we will do our best to please the most in the area.

Thank you, HL Caitlin bean Ghearailt