[Stargate] OT: Totally personal request

BURNS, DARLENE 2 dburns2 at kleinisd.net
Wed May 19 13:56:31 PDT 2010

Dear Gang,

I have formed a team to walk in the Komen Race for the Cure, breast
cancer fundraiser, which will be held on Oct. 2, 2010. Yes, as crippled
up as I am, I fully intend to walk the course!  Slowly...but I want to
walk it!

I am asking for people to go to my personal or team website where you
can make a donation to fund breast cancer research on-line should you so
desire.

Here is what you do:

1.    Click this link http://www.komen-houston.org/site/PageServer

2.    On the page click "Race for the Cure"

3.    On this new page click "Find a Participant to Sponsor"

4.    Click the radio button for "Search for a team"

5.    Type in the box "Living Large"

6.    When the search finds my team, click the team name

7.    Now you are on the team page. You will have a number of options

a.    Click "Join the Team" (I would be tickled *PINK* if you joined!
It's going to be FUN!!)

b.    Click either my name or my husband Mark's name to donate to us
personally.

c.    Click "Donate to Living Large" to donate to the team as a whole.

Once you make your choice, the system will walk you thru the donation
process. You pay using your credit card. You will receive a receipt for
tax purposes.

Thank you so much if you choose to sponsor me. As many of you know, I am
a breast cancer survivor. I am surviving today because of advances in
detection, diagnosing and treatment funded in part by events like this.
If your heart is so moved, there will be women whose lives you will help
save.

If you don't choose to sponsor me or my team, that is ok too. I
understand that we all have to make choices as to where we spend and
give our money.

Thanks again,

Annes

KISD CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.