[Steppes] Re: Southern Steppes Night

letebts at earthlink.net letebts at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 16:28:33 PDT 1956

Mail? What mail? Oh, email! Best kind in weather like this!

We got no snail mail yesterday. What happened to the "sleet, nor dark of
night" stuff? Talk about bad weather! It has to be bad for the mail to not
go through, right?

Our out-go letter wasn't picked up, so I know there was no mail delivery.
Husband took mail to PO this morning. Maybe snail mail today, Thursday?

Was here in Dallas for the infamous storm in the early 80's when an airport
shuttle took 3 hours to get from Preston and Belt Line to the plane, a
normally 30-45 minute trip. I'll bet they weren't running this storm...

News today said Dallas spent $6 million on sand, trucks and crews. No doubts
about it for me!

Morgan is right. Sanity must prevail!

Lete
on 2/26/03 1:19 PM, Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) at morgancain at earthlink.net