[Steppes] Bare tummies and religion

letebts at earthlink.net letebts at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 22:57:27 PDT 1956

(Guess that teaser subject title got *this* posting picked... Heh, heh!)

Just a note of trivia for other trivia-o-philes...
I spoke with a Pakistani woman yesterday. She told me that only Hindu women
actually bare their tummies with sari croptops (Gerita? Toryn? the real
name, please?) . Muslim women have longer tops, which hide the tummmy, so
she said. She is Muslim and would never wear a bared tummy type sari.

She also said that in the Richardson area there are lots of sari shops off
75. Sari tops are very form-fitting, and that there are seamstresses who
will, for about $20, make one to fit the woman's body exactly. (There are no
patterns available, so you can't make one for yourself as well as they.)

<grinning>
Sooooo, if you see a bared tummy, offer her vegetarian meals just to be on
the safe side....and if you are in the sunscreen making business, label any
"Sunscreen For Tummies" in the Hindu language.
<more grins>

Lete
"'Curiouser, and curiouser,' said [Lewis Carroll's] Alice ."