ST - C & I Guild Info

Ace aslyn at onramp.net
Thu Apr 29 14:32:12 PDT 1999

>The officers of the Steppes and a few members of the populace. We just
>posted the schedule as we know it.

A motley crue to be sure.  Aarrgh.  ;->

>You could post details about you next Illumnors meeting for us if you like.

I'll do that, and provide an overview of the group, too:

The Steppes Calligraphy and Illuminers Guild meets on the Third Tuesday of
every month at my house located in Far North Dallas.  A map to my house may
be found in the Steppes Letter, or by e-mailing me directly at
aslyn at onramp.net

While our Guild meetings primarily consist of painting Kingdom Charters,
discussing new projects and looking at cool source materials, we often
engage ourselves in special projects such as creating, painting, and sending
event invitations, and special original scroll commissions.

Attendance and participation in our Guild is not limited to those with
experience.  Indeed, our Guild especially welcomes those who have no
experience and are interested in learning to learn calligraphy or
illumination.  Supplies are provided to the beginning scribe.

During the course of the past year, our Guild has benefited from a variety
of classes taught by experts in their field.  For example, Sheik Da'ud ibn
Auda taught a wonderful class on heraldry for scribes, Lady Genevieve tought
a very good class on period materials, Murienn taught a really useful class
on Top Ten Drafting Tips for Scribes, and Mistress Serena proffered a class
legal documents.

Finally (and perhaps most importantly to many), our June C&I Guild meeting
is the 2nd Annual T.G.W.S.W. (Thank Goodness We Survived Warlord) and thanks
for working so hard pool party at my place.  Feel free to join us by the
pool!

Aslyn