ST - Fall Court

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:48:12 PDT 1999

>From: "Wayne Ross" <wayner at languy.com>
>To: <steppes at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: Re: ST - Fall Court
>Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:30:10 -0500
>
>A question about Fall Court for those more in tune with the >traditions of
>the Barony: Hasn't the Fall Court event been without >any tournaments,
>lists, A&S competitions, etc., in the past?

There has been no Lists or Tournaments at the two Fall Courts we have had so
far. There has been some Heavy and light fighting for sport, but nothing
organized. There was an A&S competition the first year, but it had little
participation. The main things have been the games and the nightly 'cattle'
raids.

>I ask this because I feel that by not having a list at Fall Court, >it
>helps the event maintain it's own identity, and avoid becoming >"just
>another >event". We have our tournaments at Warlord, our >grandiose feast
>at 12th Night....and Fall Court we have for >ourselves, without any type of
>competitive activity (except to add >to the flavor of the event), to foster
>togetherness as a group.

Ask the people carrying the anvil, throwing Knife spear and Ax or wrestling
as to whether there is a competitive spirit. The games test strength,
endurance, and skill and can be very competitive.

>This is not an attack on the proposed activities for this year. I am >just
>trying to remind myself of what Fall Court is supposed to be.

Fall court is an event for the Barony, so we can relax and enjoy ourselves
instead of producing Kingdom wide events which is what ALL of our other
events are. I would say that if people wish to have a light or heavy list
for prizes or word fame, let them. The object is to kick back, relax and
have fun - for EVERYONE in our Barony.

If you are not having fun at this or any event, you are doing something
wrong.

Just my 2 cents worth

Borek
Arbalest Pursuivant

The supreme happiness of life is
the conviction of being loved for yourself,
or more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                               ~Victor Hugo~