ST - Re: Baronial selection

Hrldsmn at aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 20:35:58 PDT 1999

Unto the populace of the Barony of the Steppes does Edwin FitzLloyd, baron
send greetings:

As I announced at the Baronial business meeting tonight (Tuesday) I will be
stepping down as Baron at 12th night in January. After six and one-half years
as Baron (following two years as Seneschal) I find that I am simply tired. I
have already discussed the process with Their Royal Majesties and we will be
proceeding as outlined below-

All interested individuals and couples need to submit a Letter of Intent to
Their Majesties, with a copy to me, by the last day of September. After
consultation with the Crown, I will announce the list of candidates at the
October business meeting.

After that time the members of the populace may submit letters of comment to
Their Majesties, with courtesy copies to me, concerning their opinions.
Please comment on the candidates in well thought out positive letters. No
petitions please, although couples my comment together. Please plan on
submitting all letters of comment between the October business meeting and
the first weekend of November.

Their Majesties will be setting up candidate interviews at Their discretion.
Current plans call for the new noble(s) to be announced at Steppes Fall Court
(November 19-21) and then elevated at Steppes 12th night in early January.

I have greatly enjoyed the years that I have had the honor of serving and
representing the Barony of the Steppes as the Baron. I equally look forward
to actively participate as a member of the populace in for years to come. For
now I remain,

In Service to the Steppes and Crown,
Edwin, baron