ST - Here Comes The Parents!

Ace aslyn at onramp.net
Tue May 11 07:24:56 PDT 1999

Borek so kindly offered to the list:

>>{snip}

>>The parents who brought you "Crystal is schitzophrenic" (well, let's >not
>>argue that one, okay?)
>
>Beside yourself with replies?

That's one bad herald pun.  You're only allowed 3.

>>and "are you still in that cult?" are coming to visit.
>
>I did not know you were into the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'

Not answering that one.

>>My Mom especially is wondering if I get bored at these little events
>> >(everyone....laugh all at once!).
>
>Bored, no. Dead tired, yes.

Yeppers.

>>But, at least, they *are* asking questions about what we're doing >and
>>they're at least coming to get a look at us (and make sure we're >not
>>wearing Goth-wear).
>
>Hmmmm.....Goth-wear, I wonder what they will make of Pan and the general
>pantheon of Victorian era renditions of the Greek gods?

Uh, oh.  I forgot about that.  Folks are dressing up as their favorite
mythological superhero.

>>So, why am I telling you guys?
>
>O, do please tell us aunti Aslyn!!!!!

Aslyn's story time will be on Saturday or Sunday at Warlord.

>>Because you're my little family away from home?  Why, yes....but >more!
>
>Awwwwwwwwww  ;)

:-D

>>I'd really appreciate it if, well, in your copious spare time on
>Saturday,
>
>Are they selling that in jars now? I need a case or two.

A great fundraiser idea.

>>if you see them in passing, please be nice to them.  Introduce >yourself
>>and say a kind word.
>
>[Fritz] Hello, I'm Citrainn's goat-boy, how do you do?

Citrainn's goat-boy.  That'll impress 'em.

>>And when they pass by, say a really kind word to me!
>
>Awwww, Aslyn, they look so cute in their moo moo's and hose  ;)

I don't think you know how close you are to being right, there.  In fact,
she's threatening to bring my aunts in their moo moo's as well.

>>_This_ is going to be interesting!
>
>Ain't it though!

(To each age, its art; To that art, its freedom.)
    - inscription on the Sezession Building, Vienna

Aslyn Crystyn
aslyn at onramp.net