ST - Rumors? Let's put them to bed.

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Tue Aug 1 13:10:58 PDT 2000

I don't want to disagree with you but there are a lot of heavy fighter
who don't like archers. Duke John Bearkiller being a famous one.  You
will find many knights, masters and nobles who don't like archery. They
are the favorite target of archers. You will find period people who
didn't like archery in tournaments. (Our wars are more like their
tournaments.)The Monk of Montuban wrote a poem complaining about archers.
 Your will find many regular fighters who dislike archery and archers
because they traveled eight or more hours to a war and never got to fight
 because they were shot by archers. That happened to me at one of my Gulf
Wars and spoiled the whole event for me. There are people who go to wars
to make a name for themselves and they get a chance to fight a famous
knight and some archer kills him before they can fight.  This can be very
disappointing. There are many problem dealing with archery in wars. There
was many people who kept them out of our wars until now.   But Archery is
period and has a right to be part of game. If we face the practical
problems we can work out a compromise that will work. We are grown ups
not children so we should be able to deal with the problem without
hurting each others feelings.
Duchess Willow de Wisp