ST - Some neat stuff from Queen's

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:47:16 PST 2000

>From: "Trish Kvamme" <ladyoftherose at hotmail.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: ST - Some neat stuff from Queen's
>Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:31:33 GMT
>
>First to HL Don Valentine Drake who admidst a roaring cheering Crowd
>received his White Scarf.
>
>And to Lady Mary Elizabeth Wickham who received a Thistle for Costuming,
>and stunned the hall with her wonderful tudor!
>
>Borek was at the event and was a tremendous help to the Ladies of the
>entourage and for his help we are very greatful,

It was my pleasure. Anytime I am at an event, I will be there to help either
TRM or their Entourage. I plan on being at Gulf Wars Tuesday Morning so will
be available the entire time.

>hopefully, he will come on line and post all the proper names of the
> >Victors, awards recipients and other important information.

Hmmmmmmm...... Sorry to say I am not so good a herald as to have done a
court report form. I am in hopes that someone else on this list (possibly
the Sable Scroll, Mistress Aslyn) will help with the complete list. From
Memory (faulty at best):

Don Brendon McEwan is the Queens Champion
Baron Llewelyn of Elfsea - Queens Blade of Honor
Valentine Drake - Compass Rose (from Daffydd and Octavia)

There were quite a number of 'Queens Rapier's' given out, but I did not know
the gentlemen and so do not remember their names. Sorry.

I remember an Iris being given out, another compass rose, a couple of AoA's;
many thanks to the hard work of the Autocrat who was in contact with HRM
during the week previous and put on the event in spite of really nasty
weather conditions, and to the list mistress', Stella Silvana, Serena
Lasalles, Aslyn Crystyn (Mistress of the Laurel all), who watched the entire
competition and kept it running so smoothly.

I saw some of the fighting and the foolery by some of the fighters was
enjoyed by all. Much of the fighting was lost on me. I have not done much
fighting, so I could not tell what was good or bad or even when one or the
other contestant was defeated. Everything happened so fast, but I could tell
the fighting was appreciated by all.

I left just after court. Could anyone relate what happend with the youth
rapier competition Sunday Morning and who the 'Defender of the Queen's Hope'
is?

Borek