ST - Some neat stuff from Queen's

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:51:57 PST 2000

>From: "Genevieve de Courtanvaux" <gdc at airmail.net>
>To: <steppes at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: Re: ST - Some neat stuff from Queen's
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:21:50 -0600
>
>The iris went to Benedict Ashton. A lot of you know Benedict by his >former
>name, Jessop. Or at least will recognize him by the fact that >he was the
>winner of the men's late period at this past 12th Night. >I know that
>Benedict is not on the list but offer up my >congratulations to him anyway
>as I so respect the work he does in >his primary field of costuming.

Thanks Genevieve, the name Benedict does sound familiar. I remembered that
he won the late period costuming at 12th night, but did not feel this was a
good enough reference.

>Ah, and here is a new passion.....(I can't help but smile).....I >think I
>will have a hard time explaining my feelings on this since I >have already
>related how great the day for the adults was but I have >to say that I had
>more fun on Sunday watching the kids. This is a >wonderful trend that I
>hope to see happen here in the Steppes. The >children had a blast and the
>parents and other spectators had even >more fun watching the children. As
>for reporting what happened I >borrow Don Tivar's words as he reported it
>to the Ansteorra list:

>>On Sunday, we held the first Tournament of the Queen's Hope, for >>youth
>>rapier fighters. In the 12-14 age group, Fernando Montoya de >>Luna won
>>the list, his sister Faith Owlette was named Guardian of >>the Queen's
>>Hope. In the 15-17 age group, Rosalind Moondragon won >>the list and was
>>also named Guardian of the Queen's Hope.

Thanks again. As one of those people not on the Ansteorran list, I
appreciate being kept up on what is happening and I am sure other feel the
same way!  ;)

Borek