ST - RE: ES - Gulf War Kitchens.

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Tue Sep 5 17:09:41 PDT 2000

Xene here:

Hmmm. Ameline, I know that Pennsic has big tents to rent but haven't heard
anything about Gulf War.  It seems like that would be a difficult option, at
least until Ansteorra has a permanent campsite, and we could tell the tent
company where to put up the tent.  It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if it
will work for that site.

I liked Arabella's post about the pavilions, but that is entirely up to the
B & B's and the populace of the groups that are attending.

Arabella, I think that your equipment should be for whatever "cell" you
decide to be in.  That is one of the reasons I came up with that idea.
While your equipment is usuable by a larger group, the logistics involved
with multiple "cells" accessing the same equipment is unfeasable.

Remember this is simply preliminary planning.  I really want to get lots of
input from all the groups involved as to what they would like to do.

The biggest problem that we have to overcome is the site and how much room
will we have for all this stuff.  The next biggest problem is how to get all
the stuff to and from the event.

On a personal level, running a *very* large encampment is like autocratting
an event, and I didn't really want to have to do that.  I do want to see the
Gulf War, and I know that everyone else wants to as well.  If we aren't very
careful, a small group of people will be the kitchen and dining room crew.

I WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!!!

I'm landless white trash now and want to enjoy it:)

Xene

-