ST - First day in the war zone

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Mon Sep 11 15:37:00 PDT 2000

Dux wrote:
"Good luck.  Have you purchased a bullet-proof vest, yet?
(only half in jest)"

______________
(snicker).....

Not yet, Dux, but in the class that was the rowdiest I managed to work into
the lesson the fact that I hold a 4th degree Brown Belt in Tae Kwon Do :)
They quieted down after that, at least for awhile.

Mostly, I just threatened *not* to do their test review and give them the
answers for their study sheet at the end of the class period.  I also gave
them a choice.  We could do the assignment the fun way or I could lecture
them and bore them to death.  They wisely chose the fun way.

Most of the students are good.  A lot of them remind me of what we used to
be like in school, and I remember what a pain we were to our substitutes.

I didn't have a battle break out in the class, I didn't leave crying, and we
got most of the assignments done.  I think I was successful.

But tomorrow is another day.

Later,

Xene

-