ST - Warlord Event Steward

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:10:49 PST 2000

>From: "Walter J. Wakefield" <wjwakefield at juno.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: ST - Warlord Event Steward
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:47:07 -0600
>
>1) Warlord is too big for a theme.  Everybody will do their own thing
>anyway.

That, so far, seems to be the general opinion, and , as Baroness Catrin
says, we are short of time for a theme, but it would be nice to have one.

>2) I can help with site tokens, maybe help paint invitations.

Ches seems to agree with you. So far there are three people who wish to help
with making token, Chiara, Lavina Bakhous, and yourself. You might want to
all get together and come up with something. you have around 800 to make for
the event.....

>3) If you don't get any other suckers, uh, takers, I can maybe >coordinate
> >merchants.  But I can't be on site before Friday >afternoon - would that
>pose a problem?  (Cairenn and I will be >merchanting anyway, so I will be
>around)

Elspeth de Forbeys has already volunteered for that position, but I am sure
she would not mind some help.

>4) I will donate some prizes (small herb baskets, maybe something >else -
>let me know) and a couple of prizes for children's activities.

Genevieve is collecting such prizes and I am sure will be happy to collect
them from you.

>5) Ms. Kalida usually runs the on-site embroidery - you might check >with
>her.  If she needs a prize, I might have something.

I and Genevieve are checking into this.

>6) Lodovico is NOT on the lists.  Usually is at Warlord.  We need to >be
>sure he knows he is in charge of the A&S.

I am in hopes someone knows how to contact him so this can be accomplished.
I am sure he will want as much time as we can give him for the
competition(s)

>7) At one time there was a list of prizes that needed to be >collected for
>Warlord, and notes about the traditional items.  The >prize coordinator
>NEEDS this list.  If it doesn't appear, let me >know.  I might be able to
>dig up a copy.

I'll check with the past Warlord Event Stewards and see if the list is still
around. It will make Genevieves task easier if not more structured

Are you still planning on creating the Invitations for Warlord?

Borek