ST - Warlord Event Steward

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Mon Feb 28 18:20:29 PST 2000

Well, uh, actually, I had in mind HELPING with site tokens, NOT being in
charge of them.  If I need to come up with ideas, I would suggest one of
the following:

1) Polymer clay (Fimo) beads in Steppes colors.  Would the barony spring
for about $60 in materials?

2) Copper and brass finger rings.  Materials would run less, but I would
need to borrow ring mandrels or similar metal tubes from anyone that had
such.  And probably jewelers or small needlenose pliers.

So Chiara and Lavinia have volunteered to work on this also...  who
else???  I can't do anything on it till after the War, but we could have
a token making party at my house after that.  And/or maybe at fighter
practice at the Hill.  Maybe SEVERAL token making parties.....

Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions???  Leather?  Wooden
disks, with stamped designs?  Stamped designs on fabric?  Craft
("popsicle") sticks (possibly cut as small shuttles, with a length of
yarn)?  I'm not prepared to do metal casting at this time....

Of the site tokens on my purse from various events over the years, the
ones that have held up the best include stamped leather, wood, metal, and
yarn tassles. Oh and the horseshoe nail from Lindenwood's Midsummer Ball
several years ago.

So what do people think??????????????

Suzanna