ST - Warlord Event Steward

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 29 06:05:43 PST 2000

>From: "Walter J. Wakefield" <wjwakefield at juno.com>
>To: steppes at ansteorra.org
>Subject: Re: ST - Warlord Event Steward
>Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:20:29 -0600
>
>Well, uh, actually, I had in mind HELPING with site tokens, NOT >being in
>charge of them.

OK, no problem, Ches and Lavina wanted to be in charge and I haven't heard
from Lavina since last week....

>If I need to come up with ideas, I would >suggest one of the >following:
>
>1) Polymer clay (Fimo) beads in Steppes colors.  Would the barony >spring
>for about $60 in materials?

For 800 tokens? Sure

>2) Copper and brass finger rings.  Materials would run less, but I >would
>need to borrow ring mandrels or similar metal tubes from >anyone that had
>such.  And probably jewelers or small needlenose >pliers.

Sounds very labor intensive

>So Chiara and Lavinia have volunteered to work on this also...  who
>else???  I can't do anything on it till after the War, but we could >have a
>token making party at my house after that.  And/or maybe at >fighter
>practice at the Hill.  Maybe SEVERAL token making >parties.....

For the number of tokens we need, several would probably be a good guess ;)

>Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions???  Leather?  Wooden
>disks, with stamped designs?  Stamped designs on fabric?  Craft
>("popsicle") sticks (possibly cut as small shuttles, with a length of
>yarn)?  I'm not prepared to do metal casting at this time....

Ches had an idea for making coins out of copper sort of like the ATYC
tokens.

>Of the site tokens on my purse from various events over the years, >the
>ones that have held up the best include stamped leather, wood, >metal, and
>yarn tassles. Oh and the horseshoe nail from Lindenwood's >Midsummer Ball
>several years ago.

I would be surprised if the nail had deteriorated at all except for a bit of
rust.

>So what do people think??????????????

Ches could explain her idea...... And/or Lavina as well......

Borek