ST - Walmart

Ches ches at io.com
Sat Oct 28 12:27:26 PDT 2000

Morgan forwarded me a notice that has been circulating all many mailing
lists that originated from the Wal-Mart stores, please send along to those
not on email lists that may still have concerns:

"Thank you for your letter regarding the rumors relating to Wal-Mart
discontinuing our fabric department.  That particular rumor goes around
fairly regularly, and I can tell you that there are NO plans to take
fabrics out of Wal-Mart!

At Wal-Mart we are often trying new things in order to continuously
improve our business and our service to all our customers and this
includes the fabric area.  However, please be assured that the fabric
department is (and continues to be) a very important part of our
business and our culture, and we are committed to improving, not
eliminating, this department.

Thank you again for writing and allowing me to respond.  I especially
want to thank you for being one of the loyal customers that makes the
fabric department possible at Wal-Mart.

Sincerely,

Doug Walt,
Divisional Merchandise Manager