ST - Feedback on moving fighter practice?

JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 17:48:02 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/9/01 12:39:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, shetler at home.com
writes:

> Something that my old Barony out in Caid would do was use Fighter's practice
> as
> a showcase for the barony..  Whether you were fighting or just attending
> everyone would try to show up in garb, the non-fighters would hold classes,
> the
> Rapier community would make it out too and fight, the musicians guild would
> play/practice, and dance guild the same..

    This is what I am used to as well, everyone would show up to play, and
you would even get a chance to try your hand at the craft of whomever showed
up. Food was generally involved as well, this was referred to as "Grub and
Garb", everyone would bring something, be it sodas, or fried chicken. We had
many mundanes, drawn by the music and flash of the fighters, who would
approach and start asking questions.
    I think it would be a fabulous idea to encourage everyone to come out and
play, it's hard to get to know the members of your local group unless you get
together for more than just events.

Jengjen

"Cry 'havoc,' and let loose the Chihuahuas of inconvenience."