ST - Feedback on moving fighter practice?

Hrldsmn at aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 18:26:22 PDT 2001

JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com writes:

<<  Something that my old Barony out in Caid would do was use Fighter's
practice
 > as
 > a showcase for the barony..  Whether you were fighting or just attending
 > everyone would try to show up in garb, the non-fighters would hold
classes,
 > the
 > Rapier community would make it out too and fight, the musicians guild would
 > play/practice, and dance guild the same.. >>

By way of  history, this is something that used to occur in many of the
Baronies in Ansteorra, but as the kingdom calendar filled up with two and
sometimes three events each weekend many of the members of the local groups
began to travel much more and a lot of us ended up having to use our few
weekends at home to mow the lawn, weed the garden, take the kids to the
museum, and generally do the things from our mundane lives that require
weekend time. Most of the guilds found it more beneficial to meet on week
nights at indoor locations, and the increase in activity on a kingdom level
by so many members, resulting much more travel, led to a decrease in the
attendance at local fighter practices held on Saturdays or Sundays. Some
groups have even begun to hold their main practice on a week night instead of
using much more valuable weekend spare time and have found that their
attendance began to increase.

Edwin, baron