ST - Scarborough Faire

Amaneris Mars kitaen at swbell.net
Tue Apr 10 11:55:45 PDT 2001

Greetings Gentles all,
I am one of the Scarbie folks who lurks in the shadows learning many
wonderful things being on this list. Hopefully, when our Season is over I
will have the time to attend a few Steppes events and have a chance to meet
you all. :)  From what I have heard on the subject from Old Time Cast
Members, the SCA-Scarborough split was a result of the Faire Owners wanting
a definite commitment that SCA would be there every weekend on a regular
basis during the run of Faire. I believe someone else mentioned that Warlord
happens during Faire run, thus putting the SCA people in an impossible
situation. For what it is worth, many of the Old Timers speak of the SCA
with great affection and respect and really miss having you all here. This
is my first year on Cast, as opposed to being a Pet Patron, so sad to say, I
was not around when you folks came out and played. From everything I have
seen on this list and on various SCA websites, I am really sorry I missed
those times. Many of us on Cast are regular readers of the SCA websites,
particularly the costume issues, and I, for one, say a heartfelt THANK YOU
to all of you for your hard work, dedication and willingness to share your
experience and skills on the www. I wish you well, indeed! ~Lady Margaret
Pole, Countess of Salisbury~ (mundanely known as Randall K. Mars)

ps. If any of you do grace Scarborough  with your presence, please try and
find me and introduce yourselves. I would love the chance to meet you! ~RKM~

<snippage>

Just out of curiosity, why does the SCA not demo at Scarborough
Faire?
Lady Taya Fitzphilip