ST - Scarborough Faire

Travis W. Jennings traviswj at home.com
Tue Apr 10 17:17:02 PDT 2001

I am a member of the SCA today because the SCA has a booth at the Texas Renaissance Festival in Houston. (And I live in the DFW metroplex)  If the SCA had a booth at Scarborough Faire I may have become one sooner.  At TRF the SCA has a very large booth.  It has a front area with counters to get basic information on the SCA.  Behind that is an area with benches for people to meet and greet and people performing their crafts.  Behind that is a gravel area for dueling and dancing.  And behind that is a stage.  It is like a small village inside the Ren. Faire.  In front of the booth is a very large mound were fighters and rapiers demo every couple of hours.

If getting new members is any priority at all I think it should be looked into again.  Maybe we could coordinate with a neighboring region to assist with Memorial Day weekend.  Many people travel from all over the Southern USA to visit Scarborough Faire that weekend any way, especially with that weekend being the National Jousting Championship.

In Service,
Lughaidh Mac Sheóinín (fka Travis the New)
Virtus basis vitae.