[Steppes] Damascus Steel Rediscovered!!!

Ron Hardy rhemail at swbell.net
Tue Aug 14 20:32:51 PDT 2001

This is not new info. I meet the blacksmith in question (Al Pendray) some 8-9 years ago at a
blacksmith school in Arkansas. Got to handle the steel and all. It does have a rather interesting
pattern to it. It was made by melting iron with oyster shells and other things in a sealed crucible.
The Blacksmiths magazines have been writing about this for 10 years. I have an article from 10 years
ago in my bookshelf.
I guess the paper thought they had just found something new???

Fritz