[Steppes] Damascus Steel Rediscovered!!!

William Duty wmduty at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 23:51:55 PDT 2001

Yes, the article does discuss all of that, but apparently they have never been able to reproduce
the steel everytime. They say that until recently it was a hit or miss kind of thing and they
never could figure it out. What they recently discovered is that it needs a trace(0.003 percent)
of vanadium. The article does say that they have been working with it for about 10 years, but now
the completed formula they can actually start looking into mass producing the metal.

Wm Duty