ST - Fighter practice March 4

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Tue Feb 27 08:47:40 PST 2001

Dux,

I am sorry if you or anyone else perceive that statement in that manner,
that was not my intent, however after rereading it this morning I am sure
some will take it that way.  I completely left out the paragraph that
should have preceded that statement.  Opps!

I also agree I was a bit snippy in attempting to respond to Mike's
question in the second & third paragraph and do offer apologies to you
Mike, the strains of mundane life and lateness of the hour catching up
with me I guess!

The statement which you have referred was directed toward incidents which
have been occurred as of late with archers and combat archers that don't
seem willing to follow the rules, bringing static target arrows to combat
events, bypassing the inspection stations and entering the practice
field, and others replacing combat arrows in their quivers picked up from
the field without the marshals reinspection, to name just a few of these
"acts".  Some of which Mike himself has reported to me which I do greatly
appreciate and having that in mind I chose to state my position on this
matter (although a bit out of context).  I am sure you understand the
importance of having a marshal in charge to prevent these occurrences
from happening and will agree that these and other such rouge practices
must stop.

What we are dealing with here are possibility life threatening weapons
that should never be taken lightly and with the several "close calls"
that have happened over the last year the safety of those who play and
watch us play our at hobby should be considered by everyone before they
ever step upon any field.  I may appear somewhat frustrated and
overzealous in my concern for safety and have come on a bit harsh but if
that zero tolerance has the potential to keep one person from being
injured, so be it.

I do appreciate your cooperation and that of everyone else in this task
to continue to make our events, practices, and demos safe and fun for
all!

Should there be any question about archery please contact myself or one
of our other deputy archery marshals we have posted our e-mail addresses
and phone numbers as many places as we can in an effort to make ourselves
available to the populace of our Barony.  If we cannot help or answer
your questions we will put you in contact with someone that can.

In service,

Ironwyrm

PS: I shall also post this on to the Steppes page hopefully to clarify
the what I was trying to say and shall try to refrain from answer e-mails
so late at night in the future.  Thanks!