ST - Virus Info

penningtonhall penningtonhall at email.msn.com
Wed Jan 17 19:14:10 PST 2001

Before we start accusing people of intentionally trying to send us a virus, please keep in mind that most people do not realize that their computer is infected until it is to late.

I now do not open an attactment unless it has a personal message.  This is the best defense I've found, to keep from being infected again. My computer has been infected three times, and I have not fully recovered a dll file.  The last time was when I was taking feast reservations.  Thankfully we caught it before it did any real damage, and I had backed up the reservation list on disk.

I always panic when this happens, because there are times that I forget to back up my family tree when I get new information.  I'd hate 4 years of research and over 21,000 names to disappear.  This is my second hobby and extremely important to me and my family.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ldy Mary Elizabeth