[Steppes] Disturbing behavior

Centurion Almarr Bjarnklö bjarnklo at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 10:03:19 PDT 2001

Kom hiel,
  I heard a disturbing story last night.  We have a new fighter, he is an 18
year old who has been playing for about 5 weeks.  He is a great young guy
who has tremendous potential.  He has taken the effort to gather materials,
design peices and work his rear off to make his own armor.  he has all, but
maybe a helm.  Not bad for 5 weeks Aye?
  Well he made some armor out of the Blue barrels.  Apparently someone, I
know who and will not say.  Made fun of him at practice, and now this person
is hesitant to play.  He has already set up to get some garb made, but that
is not the point.  We are lucky that he has a strong support group, and will
continue to play.  What would have happened if he did not have that strong
support of some special friends?  We would have lost someone who fell in
love with this game we all play.
  This is not the SCA I want play.  Should we not as experienced people help
and nurture these people.  This is a game of Chivalry and honor.  I see no
honor in what happened.
Moral of this story, Lets be examples of Chivalry, not the normal A-holes on
the street.
  I just wanted to air my feelings.

Centurion Almarr Bjarnklo
" A mind is like a parachute, it is only full when its open"