[Steppes] Steppes Warlord -- Newcomer Encampment !!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 11:54:51 PDT 2001

Vive la libération!!  Finally, I'm free, free, free!!

Ok, Now, whew!!  I would like to post what accidentally didn't make it in
the SteppesLetter (Chiara, what you posted was my personal note to you :) ,
I have a feeling the actual announcement may have been garbled or
something).  Ok, here goes :

>"The Newcomer's Encampment is back!  The Honourable Lady Gabrielle >Honorée
>de Saint Pierre would like to invite any newcomers to the >Society (who are
>not camping with their own group) to camp with us.  >Also, she would like
>to meet any hospitalers from other groups, so >please drop by and introduce
>yourselves.

>PEERS AND NOBLES, PLEASE NOTE:  there will be a Newcomer's scavenger >hunt
>to help introduce them to the Society.  Please have on hand >stories of
>your peerage or small items to loan to the Newcomers for the hunt – don't
>worry, items will be returned.

>Those newcomers wanting to camp in the Newcomer's Encampment, or anyone
>needing further information, please contact Gabrielle at
> >hlgabrielle at hotmail.com."

Yes, there will be a BARDIC/REVEL on Saturday night for ANYONE who would
like to hear interesting stories of Ansteorran / Steppes history!  That's
why we're calling it an "ACHHH, SHEISE, THERE I WAS..." bardic, unless you
would prefer to call it an "O MERDE, THERE I WAS" bardic!! :D
(I'm sure you all understand the translation :D  )

Ld. Jon (Ld. Pierce, for those of you who are not aware of the name change)
has been asked to make the STEW that he so wonderfully cooked up for the
Ansteorran encampment at the War.  We would like to know about how many of
you would be interested in joining us for this little feast on Saturday
night as to know how much stew to prepare !!  Also, we will have a sideboard
for anyone who would like to bring a dessert to the feast (please let me
know if you might be bringing something - Gab.)

There will also be beer for the bardic!  We're working on it.  If some of
you other brewers and vintners would like to share your homemade
preparations to show newcomers what they can learn to do in the SCA, please
join us! (Hint:  I (Gab.) really love those homemade meads and cordials,
too! ;)  )

If you would like to stay in the newcomer's encampment or if you would like
to help us make this a memorable event for our newcomers, please  respond to
this email!!  Yoo,hoo!  Averial?  Aislyn?

Respectfully Yours,
HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre