[Steppes] Warlord Rapier Prize

Glen Wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Thu May 24 11:42:37 PDT 2001

I was a little worried there...  I hadn't heard from them lately, but the
parts finally came in from Atlanta Cutlery.  Unfortunately, with the panic
over Mad Cow, and other infections, there is an import ban on - so the
staghorn handle with the nickle silver pommel cap I used last year after I
couldn't find any more amber was unavailable.

Anyway, the replacement parts came in and the dagger is finished.  A couple
of years ago I found a very, Very, VERY old Solingen blade in the "Black
Forest Hunting Dagger" pattern that, while still a little rough, cleaned up
pretty nicely.  It has been fitted out with a nickle silver guard and pommel
and a nice dark oiled walnut handle.

See y'all out at Warlord, later...

Don Alaric