[Steppes] It's a hard life...

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Tue Sep 11 21:17:13 PDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:22:37 -0500 "A Brauer" <mabrauer at hotmail.com>
writes:
> Well put.
>
> My biggest fear at this moment is that more innocent people will be
> killed,
> out of ignorance and fear.

        I wish my biggest fear were so simple.

        My biggest fear is that we will fall prey to the doctrine of
hatred, the vigilante mindset, the "get even" mentality. That mentality
is the reason why the war in Ireland will never end, why the war in the
Balkans will never end, why the war in the Middle East will never end. It
is the reason why millions of Jews were imprisoned and murdered in Nazi
Germany.
        The real attraction of Gulf War and Pennsic is that in the
evening, you can sit around the campfire and swap stories with the enemy
you killed earlier in the day, and at the end of the event you can go
home and show off your pictures with pride. As we love our children and
our country, I pray that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that
America never becomes part of the war that never ends.
        Yes, it CAN happen here.

              Yours in Service,

                      Iain MacCrimmon