ST - Re: Clothiers

Elspeth de Forbeys ladyforbeys at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 12:21:53 PST 2001

Plastic boning generally cannot be forced "Straight".
If it is sewn between layers of stiff fabric it will
eventually loose some of its curl. I have heard people
say that they actually get better results in Tudor or
very early Elizabethan by using 2 layers of very heavy
canvas to stiffen their bodices.Plus you don't have
plastic boning popping through the fabric and stabbing
you. If your machine ( OR hand) is up to it, you might
try the canvas method.

Elspeth
--- Jann Mays <hlgabrielle at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Elspeth (or anyone else),
>
> When you get boning for a corset and sew it in, it's
> still curled.  Is there
> an easy way to get it straight? Or will an iron be
> all that I'll need?
>
> By the way, I'm shocked that I don't see any traffic
> about 12th Night on
> here.  Am I still on the mailing list? (to whomever
> is in charge)
>
> HL Gabrielle

=====
yours in service,