ST - Report from Knight Marshal

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 07:57:43 PST 2001

My first month has been very interesting.  I'd like to thank all of you who
have been so helpful - I really appreciate it.

Jan 7 and 14 we had the wonderful experience of joint war practice with
Elfsea.  The 7th was held in Elfsea, and the 14th was held in Steppes.  Both
times, we had a great turnout.  By our estimation, there were roughly 50
participants in the practice (though there were only about 30 on the field
at any one time), with well over 100 people there.  We got to include combat
archery (thanks Fearghus and Ironwyrm!) in some of the scenarios, and even
had a chance to practice fighting through a gate (the wall around the
flagpole works great for that).

Jan 21, we had a much smaller turnout.  The cold weather and nasty illnesses
currently making the rounds were likely culprits.

No injuries or problems to report.  Thanks, everyone, for maintaining your
armor in order to keep injuries at a minimum.

Jan 28's practice will be included in February's report.

For February, Steppes and Elfsea will be holding another joint practice,
this time in Elfsea.  In addition, we will hold a joint
armor-making/repairing day.  The armor day will be Feb 24, location to be
announced, and the joint practice will be Feb 25 at Randol Mill Park in
Arlington.  See the Steppes webpage for directions.

I'd like to thank our rapier community, for showing up in such large numbers
for the joint practice on the 14th!  You folks looked impressive, and (more
importantly) looked like you really had fun!  I'd also like to the thank all
the non-combatants who came to the joint war practice - your presence
transformed the practice from just an athletic workout into a little slice
of the dream.

See you at Border Wars!  Or Estrella!  Or Mead Bee War!  Gods I love war
season!!

Dux